New Health Insurance Laws May Benefit You
Laws have been passed at both the federal and state level giving you more health care insurance options.
THIS IS A BIG DEAL!
Twenty-five percent of those who work in direct care in Iowa have no health care insurance. These new laws may allow those who have not had health insurance to get it, and those who’ve had poor or expensive health insurance to get a better policy at less cost!
THINGS TO DO
- Find out what your options are
- Sort out what option is best for you
- Be aware that the deadline for 2014 enrollment is March 31, 2014.
IOWA CAREGIVERS IS HERE TO HELP!
The Iowa CareGivers will help you get better informed and better prepare you to take action. Here’s how:
- A special issue of the HUB newsletter will focus on what you need to know and what you need to do! It will be mailed to you in February, and will also be available on the Iowa CareGivers website (www.IowaCareGivers.org), and the websites of others.
- We’re holding a Regional Conference in Davenport on March 25, 2014. This conference will include discussion of the new health insurance laws and the options available to you. Check your calendars and get signed up for this fun and informative session. Registration will be available soon on the website. Informational packets on the new laws will be distributed at this conference. If you cannot attend, but would like to receive a packet, please contact the Iowa CareGivers office.
TO GET HELP RIGHT AWAY
- Go online to www.HealthCare.gov
- Call 1-800-318-2596 (24 hours a day/7 days a week)
- While at the website or while on the phone, find out about the availability of people in your area called “Navigators” or “Certified Application Counselors” that can offer more personal assistance to you
- Contact a licensed insurance agent in your area and ask about their ability to help you. We’ll keep you up-to-date on the latest health insurance news and other items of interest on our website, www.IowaCareGivers.org and in future issues of the HUB newsletter. For the latest updates, visit us on our website or contact us by phone to receive our newsletter and other valuable information! You DO matter! Your health IS important! Your access to good and affordable health insurance IS key to a good quality of life for you and your family?!